Geo. J. Carroll & Son has been serving families for over 100 years. We take pride in knowing that we have been a presence in this community spanning three centuries.
Mr. Carroll, our founder, arrived in Gainesville in 1899 to open a funeral establishment. He originally was on the east side of the court house square. He later moved his operation to north Commerce Street. In 1936, Mr. Carroll and his son Joe built the first modern funeral home in North Texas located at 602 Lindsay Street which is our present location.
William D. "Bill" Brown, a Gainesville native, along with his son Robin purchased the business from Joe Carroll in 1975. Since Bill's death in 1996, Robin has continued to operate the family business. His son, Blair, has future plans to join the firm and carry on the father/son tradition.
We take pride in being Gainesville's only family owned funeral home. We believe this makes a great difference in the care a family receives.
You may contact us personally at 940 665-3455.